Thursday, November 22, 2012

August 2012



#167 Week of August 5, 2012
Schindler Sez
A lot of folks get a kick out of telling others where to go.

Don’t Shovel It
There are all kinds of theories bandied about as to why folks are overweight or obese. It’s estimated that about 35% of American are. Of course fast food, super sizing, soft drinks, and restaurants in general are blamed. Then the large food companies are faulted for adding sugar, fats and salt, which actually do make the food taste better.
Everyone and everything is blamed, except the obese ones. Don’t you think they should be held responsible for their actions? To my knowledge, no one forces anything down anyone’s gullet. The following quotes that I’ve heard over my innumerable years might help us all.
“If you don’t put it in…you won’t put it on.”
“Eat to live…don’t “Live to eat.”
“You are what you eat.”
“Eat with a fork…not with a shovel.”

Beerski’s
Do the Polish call their beers Brewski’s?




#168 August 12, 2012
Schindler Sez
            The way to a woman’s heart is to guess her ten to fifteen years younger than she actually is.
The Cheese Story
            My wife and I had dinner at Bandido’s this past Monday with our son-in-law, C.J., and our four grandkids. During dinner, the youngest, four-year-old Anna, who was sitting next to my wife with a smile so big that it crinkled her nose, whispered, “Nanny, guess what?”
            “What Anna?”
            “I just cut the cheese.”

The Mirror
I just finished working out at the “Y’ and was walking to my car when I saw a friend of mine, Sexy Rexy,  getting out of his big, brand new, cherry red, 4X4 pick-up truck.
            “Does driving that truck make you feel more like a man?” I asked smiling.
            “Yeah,” he answered forcefully, somewhat irritated by my comment. “I bet you don’t have one!”
            “I don’t need one,” I replied. When I want to feel like a man…I just look in the mirror.”  

#169 August 19, 2012
Schindler Sez
The reason I’m not a baseball fan is…it drives me batty.

The Bracelets
            A lot of educators are up in arms because some high school kids are wearing “Boobie” bracelets. I don’t understand it. I thought everyone liked them.

Thank God
            During a conversation with a few of my Hispanic friends, Carlos, Enrique, Miguel and Frankie, the only gringo beside me, Frankie admitted that he couldn’t swim.
            “No kidding,” I said somewhat surprised.
            “Thank God you’re not Mexican!” Enrique interjected.

Five or Six
            Humans have five senses. Sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. Only a few lucky ones have a sixth; the aforementioned five and the sixth, which is common sense. How many do you have? Don’t lie!

#170 Week of August 26, 2012
Schindler Sez
Only brush and floss the teeth you want to keep.

Leo
On August 22, I was born; they tell me I’m a Leo.
But my mane is shorn and my tail is short,
So there’s lots of room in my speedo.

Calling 911
Did you read about the nut who called 911 because the deli didn’t put enough cheese and mayonnaise on his sandwich? If I was the 911 operator, I would have told him where to put it. On the other hand, maybe he thought he was dying from hunger!

Definition:
The agony of de-feet: when they’re in your mouth

Not Once
Lately someone came up with the five second rule. That is, if you drop food on the floor, and you pick it up within five seconds, it’s safe to eat. Back in the nineteen forties, when I was a kid, if we dropped some food on the floor, we never worried how long it was on the floor, we just picked it up and ate it…and it never killed us once!

No comments: