Wednesday, March 21, 2012

February 18, 2012
Schindler Sez
If you tell someone there are a billion stars in the sky, they'll believe you. But if you tell them the paint's wet, they'll have to touch it.

Facebook
Talk about Facebook. Heck, if I put my face on a book nobody would touch it!

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. On that day, ashes are placed on the forehead of the believers as a sign of repentance for their sins. This practice is followed by many Christian denominations.
As my wife and I were sitting in the Village Inn on Ash Wednesday having dinner, I noticed Digger Phelps, the ex-Notre Dame basketball coach, on TV. On his forehead was a large cross made of ashes. Could it have been that his main transgressions was he didn't win enough games when he was the coach at ND?
Our waitress also had ashes on her forehead, so I asked her, "What do your customers think about your ashes?"
"I think they know what they're for, because they're asking me about them."
Pointing out the obvious, I said, "If they knew what they were for, why would they ask you about them?"

Wonderful

Jill, "Hi Jim, how are you?"
Jim, "I'm wonderful."
Jill, "What is it like being wonderful?"
Jim, "I lied. I'm not really wonderful...but my wife says I'm not bad."

No comments: